The Governor of the Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC), pursuant to the Telecommunications Act, its Bylaw and the CITC Ordinance, and after reviewing CITC Decision No. (1/1423) and CITC Decision No. (271/1431) and the Telecom sector Market Definition, Designation and Dominance Report (1431/2010),
Hereby decides as follows
Designation of STC as a dominant service provider in the wholesale transit interconnection services market.
STC shall comply with the following regulatory requirements:
- Provide interconnection and access to any service provider through an Interconnection Agreement.
- Comply with the CITC approved Interconnection Guidelines, including in relation to interconnection charges or costs.
- Prepare and submit to CITC a Reference Interconnection Offer for approval.
- Publish Interconnection Agreements and submit copies of same, within ten (10) days of signature, to CITC for publication.
- Submit to CITC applications for approval of tariffs for services in this market.
- Submit to CITC studies related to the costs for services in this market.
- Apply accounting separation between telecommunications services.
This decision shall be communicated to STC and to all parties concerned to act accordingly within three (3) months from the date of its issuance.
Dr. Abdulrahman Bin Ahmed Al-Jaafari