Based on the Communications, Space & Technology Commission’s interest in research and innovation related to communications and information technology, and its role in disseminating data; This section has been devoted to publishing White papers carried out by the authority, to facilitate the task of researchers, scholars, and those interested in communications and information technology services
Choose a field:
An Overview of the Global Regulatory Practices
- This whitepaper delves into the rapidly growing Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem, addressing various regulatory challenges arising from its development, such as spectrum allocation, standardization, security, and privacy.
- The paper provides an extensive overview of global IoT regulatory frameworks, with a focus on the initiatives of international organizations like ITU, BEREC, and ETSI.
- This paper examines and compares the regulatory approaches of the UK and the US, along with CST's IoT Regulatory Framework.
- The study aims to guide future policies and regulations to foster IoT while keeping pace with international benchmarks.
IoT Demand In Saudi Arabia A Survey-Based Study
- The whitepaper presents an insightful study on the adoption and impact of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions in Saudi Arabia, highlighting the drivers and challenges faced by local businesses.
- The whitepaper discusses how businesses are addressing these challenges while identifying significant inhibitors to IoT adoption.
- The study emphasizes the immense opportunities IoT offers for key industries in Saudi Arabia, such as manufacturing, automotive, transportation, logistics, retail, public sector, and healthcare, as well as the growth prospects for the IoT solution provider market in the region
LPWAN Overview and Strategic Perspective
- This whitepaper provides a comprehensive analysis of Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) technologies, which are essential for enabling Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
- The whitepaper compares cellular and non-cellular LPWAN solutions, assessing their performance, security, and cost aspects.
- The whitepaper explores the challenges related to technical interoperability and suggests strategies to drive LPWAN adoption.
- The whitepaper offers valuable insights for both public and private sectors seeking to leverage the potential of IoT through LPWAN technologies.
AN OVERVIEW ON THE GLOBAL GOVERNMENTAL EFFORTS ON FOSTERING THE USE OF
- The study represents an overview of how developed countries are regulating the cloud computing market, by launching strategic initiatives that support data sovereignty and data protection.
- Those initiatives promote the acceleration of cloud computing adoption.
- The study covers the Kingdom's efforts in regulating cloud computing and incentivizing its market.
Cloud Computing Technology Overview and Market Outlook
Cloud computing is one of the most prominent technologies in today’s global Information and Communication Technology (ICT) scene. It provides scalable and on-demand IT and computing resources where consumers pay as they go and do not need to be concerned with installation and maintenance costs.
This makes cloud computing a flexible technology that can adapt to various use cases and consumer needs, and this is evident in its different service-delivery and deployment models.
Open RAN: An Interoperable, Innovative, and Sovereign Architecture
Radio Access Networks (RANs) make up a major segment of the cellular network infrastructure. RANs have a large physical footprint, for every base station in the infrastructure has to be connected to a RAN..
ICT and Sustainability - The Interplay, Synergy and Impact
- The paper proposes a methodology to study the impact of core advanced technologies like AI, blockchain, cloud, and 5G on sustaining main natural resources.
- Using the proposed methodology, the paper explores the interplay between core technologies, main natural resources, and major socio-economic sectors, and it presents the impact of that interplay on the sustainable development goals (SDGs)..
- The proposed methodology is applied to the ICT sector of Saudi Arabia in attempt to highlight the Kingdom’s efforts towards achieving the SDGs
Digital Accessibility: Breaking Down Barriers, Building Digital Inclusion
- The whitepaper introduces digital accessibility and its related areas and discusses the importance of making the digital domain accessible to individuals with disabilities.
- It explores various assistive tools and technologies for enabling digital accessibility and examines some use cases for using these tools and technologies.
- It emphasizes the local efforts in Saudi Arabia for supporting individuals with disabilities through several initiatives and highlights global regulatory efforts for enabling digital accessibility.
- It discusses the current challenges and future opportunities for digital accessibility.
APIs and their Impact on the Digital Economy
- The whitepaper introduces and focuses on Applications Programming Interfaces (APIs) and their impact on the evolution of the APIs economy.
- It explores and discusses various API monetization strategies and patterns to create and unlock the value of digital assets.
- It introduces the APIs ecosystem and its economy value chain, including various participants, activities, and components.
- It explores the API's current global consumption and status.
- It provides insight into API's use cases, benefits, and challenges
- It discusses the directions, trends, and future opportunities for APIs.