Any amendment to these terms and conditions shall be effective immediately upon its announcement, unless otherwise indicated. Your continued use of this website shall be deemed a full acceptance of such amendment.
Restrictions on Use
By using CITC services or websites, you hereby undertake NOT to:
· Upload or download files containing software, materials, data, or other information not owned by you or for which you do not have a license;
· Upload or download files containing viruses, corrupted data, or any other malicious software, or do anything that could affect the integrity, reliability, or continued availability of the information on the website;
· Publish, advertise, distribute or circulate through the services of CITC any materials or information that contain defamation of character; violation of laws; pornographic or obscene material; material violating Islamic teachings or public morals; or any illegal material or information;
· Use any means, software or procedure to intercept or attempt to intercept the proper operation of CITC website;
· Take any action that imposes an unreasonable, large or improper load on the infrastructure of CITC website;
· Any act that violates the Saudi Anti-Cyber Crime Law or any other related law in the Kingdom.
Using Links to CITC Website
· Website-related links may not be created or displayed in a popup window or posted on any website, except for service-related links which may be posted on websites whose goals and general policies are consistent with the goals, policies and frameworks of CITC e-services.
· CITC shall not in any way be deemed involved in or linked to any trade or service marks, logos or brands or any other means used or appear on some of website services or any of their contents, unless they are approved by the Commission's competent departments.
· CITC shall reserve full rights to suspend and intercept any links from any unauthorized website or one containing inappropriate, obscene, offensive, indecent, pornographic, or unlawful topics, or any names, materials or information violating any laws or public or private rights.
· CITC disclaims any responsibility for the contents available on any other website accessed through its own website or through its services.
Using Links from CITC Services
· Links related to other services and websites shall be provided with the aim of facilitating a visitor's access. CITC shall not be responsible for the contents or reliability of the services and websites whose contents are not approved by CITC. Therefore, the user shall be responsible for using any of these links to access such websites or services.
· CITC shall not guarantee the operation of the links to other websites.
· This website shall be technically supervised by CITC General Administration of Information Technology in the Kingdom. All the contents of the website, namely services and information, shall be considered as CITC's property, and shall be fully protected according to the Saudi copyright and trademark laws and intellectual property rights.
· Unless otherwise specified, the website's services and materials may not be sold, licensed, rented, modified, copied, reproduced, reprinted, downloaded, advertised, transferred, distributed, displayed in public, edited, or used to produce works for public or commercial purposes, without obtaining the prior approval of CITC General Administration of Information Technology, except for scientific, research and awareness-raising purposes, wherein quoting the website is permissible on condition that its name is provided as reference.
· Under no circumstances shall any of the website's contents be modified.
· The drawings and images on this website shall be protected by copyright, and they may not be reproduced or exploited in any way whatsoever without obtaining the prior written approval of CITC General Administration of Information Technology.
Termination of Use
CITC may, at its absolute discretion, terminate, restrict or suspend the user's right to access and use the services offered by the website without notice and for whatever reason, including violating the terms and conditions of use or any other behavior that the Commission may, at its discretion, deem as illegal or harmful to others. In case of termination, the user shall not be authorized to access these services.
The user shall be subject to the judicial laws in force in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The e-services provided by CITC website regarding the various public and government agencies shall only be intended to facilitate manual procedures. Therefore, the user shall hereby acknowledge being fully aware that online communications may be subject to interference or interception by third parties; that the website shall not replace the information provided by official agencies; and that the applications and administrative procedures shall be made directly before the concerned agencies. Therefore, any reference to this website shall be made at the user's own liability. In no way shall the Commission assume any liability for any loss or damage whatsoever that the user may suffer because of using or visiting the website; depending on any statement, opinion or advertisement on the website; delaying the operation, lack of access or bad connection to the internet; breakdown of equipment or software; or the conduct or ideas of any person having access to this website. Therefore, the user shall hereby acknowledge and agree that his only way to avoid any damage or loss that may happen as a result of having access or use of this website is to stop or discontinue using or accessing it.
Protection against Viruses
CITC shall exert every possible effort to check and test the contents of the website. The user shall be required to run anti-virus programs to scan all materials downloaded from the website. CITC shall not be responsible for any loss, interruption or damage of the user's data and devices that could happen during his use of the website or any materials downloaded therefrom.
Waiver of Claims
· CITC's website and the services, information, materials and jobs provided or accessed through it shall be provided to the user on "as is" or "as available" basis without any acknowledgements, promises or guarantees whatsoever. CITC shall not guarantee or assume any liability for any failures, errors or violations that could arise from using this website or its contents or any other website linked thereto, whether with or without its knowledge.
· The user shall not have the right to own or guarantee the confidentiality of any communications or information that he may send via the services of this website. Moreover, any use or interactive use that such services involve shall not guarantee any rights, licenses or privileges of any kind to the user.
The user hereby undertakes that he shall not take any legal action against CITC or any of its employees or staff in charge of managing, maintaining, updating, or providing website services. He shall also hold CITC harmless against any commitments, liabilities and compensations arising from the use of such services, whether the user breaches the terms and conditions of use or violates any of the laws in force in either the Kingdom or the place where he lives, or otherwise.
Criteria for Comments and E-Participation
All comments posted through E-participation channels shall be subject to a filtering process to ensure that the commentator has complied with the standards and controls for posting comments. The website management shall be entitled to exclude any comments which it deems inappropriate. The criteria for posting comments include the following:
· Observe public morals, the Kingdom's laws, and Islamic teachings, and avoid using inappropriate phrases or indecent words;
· Focus on the topic under discussion and keep comments relevant thereto;
· Avoid personal criticism that does not enrich the discussion;
· Avoid comments that promote sectarian prejudices, racist attitudes or religious differences;
· Be completely certain of the accuracy of Quranic texts or religious views they refer to; users had better leave such topics for specialists to discuss.
· Avoid writing any personal information, including any contact details.